Saturday, August 6, 2011

A vintage lovers heaven . . .

Well I don't know if I mentioned this before but I have a 3rd cousin that lives in the boonies of Chicago that owns a costume company. She has been collecting since she was 13 and is now 73. We have been talking for the past couple years about my love for vintage and eventually planned for me to come down a visit.
My grandma, sister and I flew out on Wednesday. 
She has a barn and 3 mobile homes full of vintage clothing ranging from the 1800s- the 1980s. I spent 2 days looking through all the clothes (could of spent a month) , trying them on, taking pictures, etc.
I can only wish that my collection will grow to be at the most 25% of what she has.

I will post some pictures when I can but heres one off of my camera phone.

mind you this is one room in one of the trailers. .
this is the 40s-50s women's clothing room.


Every dress bag is labeled with the era, designer, the measurements, and small details about the dress (tears, ruffles, etc.)


Alright will update with new photos soon!

1 comment: